Protect yourself from Internet scams and fraud!
Follow these simple tips to make your transaction a positive one:
- Always Deal Locally!
Do business with people you can meet in person, preferably in your area. Avoid cross-border deals.
- Do Not Wire Money Or Transfer Funds!
Avoid using services like Western Union, Bidpay, MoneyGram. Anyone who asks you to wire money is a scammer.
- Do Not Accept Cashiers Checks!
Many times these are counterfeit!
- Use Caution And Common Sense!
Most fraud can be prevented using caution and common sense. Trust your instincts.
Most Common Internet Scams
Some of the most common Internet Scams include the "Check Overpayment" scam and the "Nigerian" scam.
Visit these links for more information:
If you suspect that an item posted may be part of a scam, please contact us wit the details. Be sure to include the URL (or post ID number) with your message.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (www.ftc.gov)
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov)
- Non-emergency number for your local police department.