1955 BMW R67/3, matching numbers and head stock tag. VIN 617177 was manufactured on March 3rd, 1955 and delivered on July 8th, 1955 to the BMW importer Cogemati in Casablanca (Morocco). Only 700 R67/3 were ever produced, making it the lowest production post war BMW. Obtained by a US citizen working in the Middle East, and brought to the US. It was reported this bike was a Royal Escort bike in Saudi Arabia (which might explain the white color with Blue pin stripes as found on later Saudi Arabia police bikes). It also has the Military/public service rear license plate mount noted in some parts catalogs. It is probably a low mileage bike, based on the condition rather than a restoration. It has a newly rebuilt (Uli’s) 8/35 final drive (sidecar) and a matching NOS Veigel speedometer. The mounted carbs are later model, but an original pair of correctly marked carb bodies is included. The original BMW 18 inch rear rim (which is included) was replaced with a 19 inch chrome rim so the front and rear wheels are now interchangeable. The BMW Spezial sidecar with the frame number 53700 was manufactured in 1956 and delivered – together with a bike – on November 19th, 1956 to the BMW importer Butler & Smith in New York City. It has the external brake plate under the wheel, but no other brake components. The wheels are very early, rare /2 hubs. There is a matching spare wheel mounted to the sidecar trunk lid. This sidecar was repainted to match the R67 and is excellent condition. The wheel well trim piece has a dent and a new (after market) trim piece is included with the sale. The paint is very good with a few small areas of paint bubbling far under the sidecar body. The bike runs and shifts perfectly. This combination is very eye catching. As a combination, it runs well and is very stable. These are two reasonably rare BMW items that have been combined into a unique vehicle.