Visual Dimensional Inspector - aerospace component repairs Mentor, Ohio area Up to 50k Relo available CRVDjls
Our Client Company is a leader in aerospace component repairs. They provide high quality component repair to airlines, military, and land & marine turbine engine operators around the world. They currently have an opportunity for a Visual Dimensional Inspector located in the Mentor, Ohio area with salary dependent on experience and/or education.
Job Description Evaluate product characteristics at receiving inspection, in-process inspection, and at final inspection. Record information based on product evaluations in company documentation and on customer documentation. Evaluation processes include visual inspection including the use of visual aids, and dimensional inspection, using various gauges, computer-aided measuring machines, and surface plate layout inspection tools. Evaluation processes include review of paperwork and previous documentation.
Your Qualifications - Correctly identify components by serial number, part number, work order number, and identification tag at each operation. Re-identify part numbers and/or serial numbers as required by work order. Review all documentation at each operation for completeness prior to the operation. Alert persons responsible for the program when discrepancies are found. If necessary, hold parts until discrepancies are cleared.
- Receiving Inspections: Review customer documentation and components for customer requests and customer markings. Evaluate components using visual inspection and dimensional inspection to determine repair ability. Review component characteristics to manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, developed inspection documents, and other documents that are approved by customers, or in the case of civil aviation components, approved or acceptable to the FAA or other applicable civil aviation authority. Record all findings as prescribed by quality documentation system.
- In-Process Inspections: Perform in-process inspections to verify quality of workmanship, to locate and define hidden characteristics, and to provide information to other employees for process continuation. Document all results. Review dimensions, visual conditions, and documentation as required within each individual program.
1. Post-vendor inspections: Perform post-vendor inspections to verify completion of work requested by company, correct documentation, and quality of workmanship, including re-inspection of critical dimensions as required within each program.
- Work closely with Engineering to determine required repair processes and to assist in the development of inspection methods for development programs. Evaluate products that are new to company against any available data and help develop inspection methods.
- Train other inspectors and operators on the proper use of gages and other measuring equipment as required.
Client company operates in a 24-7 environment, with various shifts and schedules. They offer hourly premiums to employees who work night shifts and weekend schedules. The hiring process involves various tests, including pre-employment physical and drug test. They also conduct ongoing random drug and alcohol testing. Their facility is clean and smoke-free. They offer full benefits, including fully-paid health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays and two weeks vacation after one year. EOE, Affirmative Action, MF/HV.
Interested and Qualified?
MUST address the above qualifications in your resume.
To apply, please email resume, indicating position of interest to us -- with code CRVDjls in the subject line.