Attention: Interviewing Now to fill an immediate need!
International Mining and Natural Resources Company is currently hiring for a Staff Level Internal Auditor. The Internal Auditor will report to the Manager Internal Audit, with significant exposure to senior leadership within the Internal Audit Department. Responsible for the planning and execution of audits the results of which will help the business manage strategic risks, improve or develop efficient and effective business processes, identify and communicate best practices and foster appropriate control levels for business and financial risks. Work with management to determine the direction and scope of audits and assist in the preparation of planning memorandums and audit programs.
SALARY: Competitive Compensation (DOE) Plus Bonus
LOCATION: Duluth, Minnesota
RELOCATION: Must be located in the upper Midwest
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES * Develop audit work plans which coincide with the annual audit plan and execute the work plans through a combination of hands-on involvement and overall project management.
* Critically review the planning and fieldwork for the audit team, providing valuable on the job coaching/training.
* Conduct the opening and closing meetings with the various audit locations. Present recommendations for change that support the goals of the Company and represent sound financial accounting principles.
* Evaluate and documents process, system and control effectiveness through the application of accounting, auditing and business knowledge.
* Assess the overall significance of the control deficiencies identified during the audit. Provide perspective for evaluating the audit deficiencies against evolving industry best practices.
* Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly.
* Coordinate/complete special requests, projects and reports as directed by Audit and/or Executive Management.
* Maintain the confidentiality of audit findings and Company proprietary information.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Internal Audit\'s stakeholders.
* Conduct work in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
* Bachelor degree in business, accounting, or related field required.
* CPA or CIA certification preferred.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
* Internal audit or public accounting experience preferred.
Don't delay! This position will be filled quickly. Qualified persons only! Submit your resume in Microsoft Word format today for immediate consideration.