ATTENTION: Interviewing now to fill an immediate need!
SALARY: Competitive Compensation (DOE)
RELOCATION: Available for right candidate.
JOB SUMMARY: The Market Manager develops new customer relationships and new business opportunities in market segments outside the Company's traditional (Heavy Truck) market base, and manages those relationships until they develop into well-established accounts. The Market Manager travels as necessary to accomplish stated objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Conduct business with the highest standard of ethical behaviour and in compliance with Company rules and procedures.
(2) Research prospective markets and specific companies to assess opportunities for promoting and selling the Company\'s products. Develop business cases advocating selected markets, and land new multi-million dollar opportunities annually.
(3) Become industry expert of market dynamics, competitive analysis, and Company capability in one or more assigned market segments.
(4) Develop and nurture productive relationships within targeted companies to maximize the flow of information, create and capitalize on new business opportunities, and maintain profitable business.
(5) Develop outstanding cross-functional working relationships with Company personnel at all levels.
(6) Plan and prioritize personal activities and company contacts to achieve agreed business targets, including revenue and profitability, while managing personal time and productivity.
(7) Support new program launches by monitoring and actively participating in launch-related project planning, team meetings and production trials, leading those activities as necessary, to ensure successful and timely launches.
(8) Develop and negotiate long-term customer contracts that support business objectives, and monitor Company and customer obligations to ensure stated commitments are met in a timely way.
(9) Prepare sales action plans and schedules, coordinating cross-functionally with Company personnel.
(10) Develop and deliver presentations of Company products and services in response to specific customer requests (e.g., technical, quality, economic), and proactively to develop new opportunities.
(11) Participate in relevant industry and market-specific trade shows and other events designed to highlight Company capabilities and attract the interest of targeted customers.
(12) Learn and proactively communicate customer standards for suppliers to Company personnel.
(13) Use a variety of customer contact and activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems. Record, report, analyze and administer according to established requirements.
(14) Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, and provide relevant reports and information.
(15) When necessary, escalate problems to appropriate levels of management, balancing the need to avoid negative commercial consequences with a desire to protect peer relationships.
REQUIRED: a) Four-year degree from an accredited college in an engineering, science or business discipline; or, equivalent work experience (at least 4 years relevant work with a concentration in manufacturing).
b) Minimum 2 years experience selling engineered products with long sales cycles (OVER ONE YEAR) to a manufacturing customer base.
c) Minimum 2 years experience with one or more of the following: 1. Manufacturing floor supervision; 2. Product or tool design; 3. Quality engineering or supervision; 4. Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
a) Four-year degree in industrial marketing.
b) M.S. degree in an engineering, science or business discipline; or, MBA degree.
c) Minimum 4 years experience marketing engineered products to multi-million dollar, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) accounts.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: * Demonstrated analytical approach to solving problems and exploring new opportunities. * Ability to influence and persuade others who are not direct reports. * Demonstrated prospecting skills: ability to research active companies within defined market segments, identify key commercial contacts, proactively make contact and establish productive dialogue.
* Highly competent writing skills, with the ability to prepare business letters and proposals summarizing complex issues.
* Skilled in making oral presentations to audiences of strangers at all management levels . * Ability to anticipate applications for the Company\'s products, even in situations where they are not currently used.
* Understanding of profit and loss calculations and basic business finance (gross and variable margin concepts and calculations, depreciation, overhead expenses, capital investment, and "cost of money" concepts).
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-range deadlines simultaneously.
* Capable of presenting a professional image of the Company, both in appearance and conduct.
* Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
* Good organization skills and time management skills.
* Ability to complete work with a high degree of independence.
* Understanding of concepts related to nested Bills of Materials, engineering blueprints, tolerancing and inspection schemes, and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
* Ability to learn and use computer applications including: email, MRP/ERP, web-enabled databases.
* Familiarity with and ability to use CAD software (ProE, AutoCAD, Unigraphics, CATIA or similar) to review part designs and determine key manufacturing implications of product design.
Take action now! This position will fill quickly. Qualified applicants only! Submit your resume in Microsoft Word format for immediate consideration.