JOB PURPOSE: Provide a wide range of support services to the Asset Management Team to facilitate the achievement of department goals and objectives, including:
- mentoring a team of Junior Asset Managers and Analysts. - provide oversight and support to a team of Asset Managers and clients. - ensure compliance to loan servicing policies and procedures. - maintain excellent customer relationships, and strive for highest quality product.
JOB SUMMARY: * Manage Investor and Borrower relationships.
* Oversee workflow and processes to ensure that all aspects of loans in assigned portfolio are managed in governance with loan documentation, policies and procedures.
* Review servicing agreements and ensure all reports and services are provided as required.
* Mentor a team of Asset Managers & Analysts to ensure the completion of the following: -All necessary documents have been received for new loans.
-Weekly loan portfolio updates identifying all relevant issues, discussions and events which occurred during the week are prepared and sent to clients.
-Review and process all draw requests in accordance with the loan documents.
-Review new leases and lease renewals to ensure compliance with loan documents.
-Review monthly waterfalls and applicable documentation.
-Review monthly remittance reports prior to submission to clients.
-Monitor Borrower financial reporting compliance.
-Update and monitor loan specific information such as events and triggers in the loan servicing system.
-Prepare payoff statements and manage the payoff process.
-Prepare and send Borrower correspondence.
-Upload property financial reports to Lender specific templates and identify any issues affecting cash flow.
* Manage the condominium unit sales process, which includes ensuring sales terms are compliant with loan documents, reviewing HUD statements and sales contracts and preparing and submitting direction letters and partial release of lien forms.
* Review monthly interest bills prior to submitting to borrowers.
* Prepare and deliver delinquency letters.
* Prepare and deliver customized reports to the Investor.
* Must have proven ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate 'face to face' as a team player.
* Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* About 7 to 10 years experience in COMMERCIAL LOAN SERVICING, preferably in CMBS.
SKILLS: * Excellent reading and comprehension skills. * Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal. * Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents and borrower financial statements. * Strong organizational and time management skills. * Understanding of 3rd party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports. * Thorough knowledge of leases for all commercial property types. * Understanding of property operating statements for all commercial property types (e.g. hotel, office, multifamily, and self-storage)
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS: Advanced knowledge of the following is required: * MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word. * MS Office and Outlook * MS Excel - intermediate to advanced
KEY METRICS: * # of loans managed by Asset Managers under supervision * Customer satisfaction - internal and external * Management/productivity reports
REQUIRED EDUCATION FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION: * Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
PREFERRED FIELD OF STUDY: * Real Estate * Finance
BOTTOM LINE (1) Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, or related. (2) About 7+ years of experience in COMMERCIAL LOAN SERVICING, preferably in CMBS (Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities). (3) Experience with complex commercial loan documents and borrower financial statements. (4) Experience with third party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports. (5) Experience with leases and property operating statements for all commercial property types. (6) Local close enough to drive in for an interview and self-relocate.