We are looking for people who want a career in system administration who want to be the best in the business. At this time we are looking for Junior System Administrators for the night shift (9pm to 6am) for our Corona office.
1. Monitors servers including booting a machine when necessary.
2. Responds to server alerts as per instructions from supervisory staff.
3. Responsible for server stability.
4. Provides technical support for Level 1 escalation issues via helpdesk, chat, telephone and forums.
5. Assist Customer Service Representatives with technical support issues.
6. Transfers accounts between servers when necessary for load balancing or account upgrades.
7. Continues development of Lunarpages and systems knowledge to more effectively answer calls.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge and understanding of operating principles, practices and procedures within area of business specialty.
• Knowledge of Linux required.
• Previous server administration a plus.
• Knowledge of relational databases including a database query language.
• Understanding of PHP and HTML.
• Understanding of ASP helpful.
• Understanding of JSP helpful.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with the public.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer and server problems.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to work productively and efficiently to meet deadlines and quotas.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques, systems and standards.
We offer excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Sick, Vacation, and a 401K program.