Harding Consulting is currently seeking a mature, experienced, and highly qualified professional to serve as Assistant Director. This leader will help maintain Harding Consulting’s dedication to continually improving all services and activities with regard to effectiveness, creativity, timeliness, efficiency, and excellence.
Primary Duties Assist in directing the clinical and administrative operations of a psychology consulting firm as well as provide direct services to clients and multi-disciplinary team (including psychologists and Master’s-level clinicians, physicians, nursing staff, psychiatrists, administrative staff, graduate and undergraduate interns).
Serve as primary lead for all activities during absence of Director.
Clinical ▪ Provide direct outpatient services; Maintain a small caseload of clients (4-5/week), one night per week.
▪ Provide ongoing supervision to unlicensed staff (clinicians and interns) providing psychological services.
▪ Develop and implement new programs and community outreach initiatives in accordance with Harding Consulting’s mission and strategic directives.
▪ Monitor adherence to medical protocols for substance abuse program (urine toxicology screenings, State guidelines for management of controlled substances).
▪ Assist in the selection of medical and mental health staff.
▪ Coordinate training for clinical staff.
▪ Conduct regular clinical team meetings.
Administrative ▪ Provide administrative support to the Director including: planning, research, communications, personnel, recordkeeping, property management, and bookkeeping.
▪ Hire, train, and provide supervision for all administrative procedures.
▪ Supervise administrative and billing staff.
▪ Supervise billing activities to obtain optimal health insurance reimbursement.
▪ Conduct payroll activities.
▪ Interface with community agencies, hospitals, and other practitioners to develop and maintain positive referral and supportive relationships. ▪ Assist in marketing and promotions.
▪ Supervise budgeting and tax-reporting activities.
▪ Coordinate schedules for all staff and interns; Ensuring consistent coverage.
▪ Conduct regular administrative team meetings.
Requirements: • Completion of professional level training, including professional licensure, in psychology, mental or behavioral health or medical degree with at least 3 years experience post licensure. • Sensitive, warm, and collaborative – with clients, partners, and staff. • Basic knowledge of healthcare billing and reimbursement procedures. • Strong communication skills, both oral and written. • Attentive to details. • Will be a creative and effective manager, leader, and supervisor - capable of developing and implementing clear goals, systems and priorities. • Strong strategic problem-solving skills. • A minimum of three years of administrative and managerial experience, including at least one year of supervision of clinical professionals. • Significant experience in interdisciplinary setting delivering outpatient or private practice mental/behavioral services. • Excellent knowledge of the standards of care for mental health and behavioral health care and good training in the legal/ethical issues of mental health-based services.