WORSHIP ACCOMPANIST: Keyboard player (organ skills a plus) needed immediately to accompany traditional through contemporary worship services—including choir and praise band—two Sunday morning services weekly plus seasonal/special services. Call Center United Methodist Church for additional information (724 226-2300) or send resume to 1575 Donnellville Road, Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Job Description: Worship Accompanist Center United Methodist Church
1. Provide all keyboard accompaniment for 8:00 traditional service and 10:30 blended service (with chancel choir and Sunday praise band) on Sunday.
2. Accompany chancel choir’s weekday and Sunday morning rehearsals, Sunday praise band rehearsals, and rehearsals called as needed for seasonal cantatas and other services that involve extra music.
3. Provide keyboard accompaniment for all seasonal/special services (Christmas Eve, Holy Week, etc.).
4. Demonstrate competence at sight reading.
5. Demonstrate a broad sacred music repertoire representative of diverse music styles.
6. Demonstrate sensitivity and experience with Christian worship, an awareness that this position is a ministry, and a willingness to support diverse worship styles.
7. Come to all rehearsals and services well prepared.
8. Attend all meetings of the Worship Ministries Committee.
9. Select service music (preludes, offertories, postludes, and occasional transitional music) to support the seasons of the church year and worship themes.
10. Work closely with immediate supervisor, the director of music ministries, as well as with the pastor, meeting with them no less than bi-monthly to set directions for worship in the subsequent months.
11. Schedule vacation and any other non-emergency absences no less than one month in advance and at times other than church holidays or when major services are planned. Work with pastor and music director to arrange for substitutes when emergencies make this impossible. All absences will conform to church policies for part time staff members.
12. Take responsibility for compensating substitutes for absences beyond allotted vacation days and absences due to illness.
13. Follow copyright laws regarding the reproduction of music.
14. Provide accompaniment, as requested, for weddings and funerals taking place at the church. Fees for weddings will be set by the church in consultation with the worship accompanist.
15. Agree to a three-month trial period during which the church and accompanist will experiment with configuration of instruments (organ, piano, electronic keyboard) to determine the compatibility of the instruments, musicians, and congregation and what will best support the worship ministry of the church.
As a representative of the congregation, the worship accompanist will interact in a professional manner with all worship leaders and participants, and in a collegial fashion with staff members.