PROGRAM: Early Head Start (Prenatal to 3 years of age)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
POSITION SUMMARY: The Early Head Start Program Director will coordinate and direct all program and management services for the Westside Childrenís Center Early Head Start Program serving (85) families. To provide overall supervision and guidance of all program operations and ensure full compliance with Federal Performance Standards and California state licensing regulations. The Early Head Start Program Director will provide the program with leadership and ensure management functions are properly implemented.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelorís Degree in Early Child Development with at least 5 years senior level management and administrative experience.
Experience working with Infants/Toddlers, principals and practices.
California Childrenís Center Director Permit, or the ability to obtain one.
Valid Driverís License and access to a privately owned vehicle with liability insurance for use in completing work responsibilities as needed and to be paid for mileage.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus but not required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES: Strong leadership and management skills.
Strong computer literacy skills (Word processing, database and spreadsheets, Internet and e-mail use required).
Ability to determine and prioritize workload.
Substantial decision making in the allocation of resources to program contents.
Significant problem solving to ensure program and management system congruence.
Application of the principals of program management services and team leadership to work place situations and processes.
Ability to manage budgets, use appropriate decision for expenditure and understand expense reports.
Knowledgeable of program, finance and human resource management in a non-profit organization.
Must be responsible, and able to handle confidential information, organize effectively, and work independently.
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONAL UPON RESULTS OF THE FOLLOWING: Criminal History Registry
Successful Physical Capacities Examination and TB screen results.
1. Ensure safety is a priority in performing all job responsibilities.
2. Supervise the day to day operations of the Early\ Head Start program in its entirety for Center Base and Home Base Services.
3. Perform management and administration level functions in planning and implementing program objectives and requirements.
4. Understand, interpret and implement federal, state and agency rules and regulations.
5. Assist in development of program financial plans and budgets.
6. In coordination with the Executive Director, monitor contractual agreements to assure they are properly executed and updated on a timely basis.
7. Monitor and maintain an information and communication system to ensure the sharing and distribution of information among all staff and parents.
8. Attend meetings of the Parent Committee and Policy Council providing reports and other information as needed.
9. Review and complete various reports, other information and documents related to the Program Management.
10. Ensure facilitation and/or arrangements for staff and parent training.
11. Follow activities as outlined in Early Head Start Service Plan and policies and procedures.
12. Perform other relevant responsibilities as required by the program.
13. Model the Standard of Conduct Policy when interacting with parents, community members and colleagues.
14. Attend meeting, training, and seminars as needed to continue professional and personal development.
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt May include nights and weekends
SALARY RANGE: Compensation depends upon experience.