ENTERPRISING, HARD-WORKING AND TECHNICALLY SKILLED ADMINISTRATIVE, ACCOUNTING/BOOKKEEPING AND DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in managing All aspects of the accounting cycle. Over 22 years in the financial field including 15 of those in Accounting, Bookkeeping and Data Entry. Proficient in generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) as well as MS Office Suite (All programs and all editions including 2010), Internet Technology,
QuickBooks Premiere 2010 which incorporates any industry with all the financial the reports you will ever need. I have both of these programs.
* Many years of Data Entry And Word Processing Experience * Corporate Accounting & Bookkeeping * Small Business Accounting & Bookkeeping * Non-Profit Accounting & Bookkeeping * GAAP Standards & Government Regulations * Vendor & Customer Negotiations & Management * Financial Statements Monthly Or As My Client's Wishes * Tax Preparation Year End Accounting * Administration * Internet Technology * Computer Savy * Excellent Customer Service
2003-2010: I took some time off to care for my mother as she was terminally ill. Before that I worked for a couple
temp agencies. However I am looking for a job now as she has passed.
1990-1999: F/C BOOKKEEPER-COLUMBIA ED. CTR., 11325 SE LEXINGTON, PORTLAND, OR 97266 * I was employed with a non-profit educational organization as a full charge bookkeeper. My duties included A/P, A/R, financial statements, bank reconciliation of several accounts, payroll recording, various correspondences, computer troubleshooting (both hardware and software) e-mailing and faxing; and mailing of materials. We also had an external audit yearly that I was 60% responsible for getting all records organized and accurate for the CPA. For 2 years I freelanced from home 1/2 time and 1/2 time at the office.
1989-1990: FOOD SERVICE WORKER-OCEAN LAKES ELEMENTARY, 1616 UPTON RD, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23454 * Prepared food for elementary childrens lunch. Cashier and keeping running tally of subsidized lunch program. Washing dishes and cleaning kitchen, serving area, and dish room after serving. Balancing register and making bank
deposit when manager was unable to do it herself.
1988-1989: ASST. TO THE TREASURER - ARE, 67TH & ATLANTIC, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23454 * Processed final financial statements and distributed, typed correspondence for the treasurer; A/P & A/R, record keeping and preparation of 1099’s, receptionist for treasurer, maintaining various insurance and business files for treasurer.
1987-1988: BOOKKEEPER - INSURANCE CONSULTANTS, 11818 ROCK LANDING DR, NEWPORT NEWS, VA * A/P & A/R, payroll, Profit and Loss statements, correspondence, supply clerk, record keeping and preparation of 1099’s, payroll taxes, and W2s. I also handled various secretarial duties, customer service for clients.
1986-1987: BANK TELLER - CRESTAR BANK, 14500 WARWICK BLVD, NEWPORT NEWS, VA * Cashing checks, receiving deposits, preparing money orders and cashier checks, balancing automatic teller machine and my teller window daily. Fill in for Bookkeeper when she was gone.
1985-1986: SAVINGS ADMIN. ASSISTANT, INTEREST SAVINGS BANK, 90 W. PIONEER WAY, OAK HARBOR, WA * Serviced all VISA accounts, coordinator for check orders and supplies, supply branch’s with CD information, audit IRA/Keogh plans, A/P & A/R, collections, typing correspondence.
1983-1985: RETAIL SALES/INVENTORY CLERK, CASHIER-SPROUSE REITZ, W. PIONEER WAY, OAK HARBOR, WA * Customer service, cashiering, kept shelves stocked and responsible for ordering.
* Troubleshooting computers in the office and at home, upgrading them both with software and hardware to change the entire computer system for the company. This expedited work production greatly.
* Implemented new bookkeeping programs on the computer, setting up all accounts accurately and complete causing a better audit for the company and more accurate budgeting.
* I am able to learn quickly and have a friendly personality that has been advantageous for my employers.
* I have created several financial worksheets in Lotus, Excel and Dbase (Access also) files for my previous employers that have been implemented for greater efficiency in the company.
* I was able to take form memos and correspondence and mail merge using Microsoft Word, Word Perfect and
Word Processing Programs. I have also done the same with Excel and Quatro Worksheets. This caused much greater efficiency for both of my employers that I implemented this with.
* I personally kept the owner’s books for three separate companies and also his personal account in my previous job for Insurance Consultants of VA, which my employer felt greater ease and confidence in his bookkeeping so that he could then concentrate more on his part of the business without worrying.
* I’ve worked with and have had a computer at home since 1986. I’m very knowledgeable about many programs and the internet. I am able to set up any bookkeeping system that my employer would like with complete accuracy.
Indian Valley College – 5 Credits – 1981 Banking and Finance Certificate – 1982 Over 22 years working in an office environment.
MS Office (All Programs and All Editions), QuickBooks Premiere (Including All Industries), Quicken, Corel components, Lotus, Dbase, Peachtree Accounting, Microsoft Money, MYM, Internet Technolog, Windows(all).