EMPLOYER: One of the largest multi-specialty physician groups on Florida's Emerald Coast, with over 50 physicians in 17 different specialties.
SALARY: Extremely Competitive (DOE)
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm and other days/hours as required by the position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: • Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, bodily fluids, and other conditions common to a medical treatment environment. • Works under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
POSITION SUMMARY: Operates independently in treating patients and assists physician in treating patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned)
• Obtains appropriate medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records.
• Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
• Performs an appropriate physical examination and records findings. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
• Utilizes problem-oriented medical record format in documentation management.
• Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
• Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
• Obtains appropriate consultation with physician preceptor or specialist when patient evaluation and management requires such expertise.
• Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
• Performs minor surgery including suture removal as required for diagnosis and treatment. Sutures wounds as required.
• Writes prescription orders for drugs in accordance with state laws.
• Instructs patient and family regarding medications, surgery preparation, and surgery follow-up care and treatment instructions.
• Provides patient education.
• May assist surgeon in OR as requested or required.
• Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
• Attends required professional staff meetings and participates in committees as requested.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Consistently displays a positive attitude and a personal commitment to excellence.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Graduation from an accredited nurse practitioner program. • Basic Life Support training.
• Two years Neurosurgery experience required.
• National Certification. • Certification and medical license-State of Florida (or transferable). • Prescription privileges and certification-State of Florida (or transferable).
This is a great opportunity so APPLY NOW if you are qualified.