Amtech, LLC. is recognized as one of the fastest growing, and most innovative, small businesses in the State of Washington. Amtech is a diverse manufacturer of composite-based products and parts. With expertise in Design, Engineering, and Research and Development, Amtech s products are distributed in both military and commercial markets. Established in 1987, Amtech employs a growing workforce of skilled technicians, working in a specialized plant in Wapato, WA.
We are currently seeking a Composites Design Engineer to join our team ASAP.
The Composites Design Engineers primary responsibility is to design and document composite structures. Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development, and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Develop preliminary design and final laminate schedules. * Develop material database and all certification documentation relating to composite structures. * Develop products and processes utilizing best practices and project management methodologies. * Develop, teach, and champion design engineering procedures, tools, and techniques. * Participate in design engineering reviews of project tasks. * Coach to ensure informed decisions are made concerning technical content of projects. * Remain up-to-date on best practices and recommend new approaches/tools. * Interface with customers to determine and validate requirements. * Develop quotations for development, prototyping, tooling, and production. * Remain up-to-date on best practices and recommend new approaches/tools. * Take ownership of product development from conception through production. * Provide requisite technical expertise. * Actively seek update knowledge of the engineering profession, the industry, and application of new technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors degree from a ABET accredited engineering program. * At least 5 years of product engineering experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail * Project management experience is required. * In depth understanding of full life cycle product development including preliminary design, prototype development, analysis, testing and various manufacturing processes. * Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing requirements. * Proficient in the application of ANSI Drawing Standards. * Experience in an ISO culture is desired. * Awareness of quality policies and location of quality manuals.
* Leads and directs the work of others. * Coordinates with other departments as necessary.
* Hands-on manufacturing and assembly of prototype products * Travel to customers, trade shows, and suppliers
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
* Office and manufacturing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace. Pre-Employment drug testing is required. Must be able to provide documentation of legal authorization to work in the United States upon hire. We offer paid Vacation & Holidays. Competative Wages & Benefit package. (Medical/Dental/Life/LTD Insurance & 401k)
*** Please send your salary requirements & Solidworks hours of experience along with your resume. ***