The Easter Seals Intergenerational Center in Silver Spring, MD serves children and adults with and without disabilities of all generations. Easter Seals Respite Services Program is an established award-winning program that provides enriching educational and recreational experiences to children with and without disabilities and provides critically needed respite support to their families.
The Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide support for the various respite services and program implementation. This position provides excellent opportunities to learn the “ins and outs” of multiple fields (early education, communication, assistive technology, etc).
Specific duties include:
• Help Director with a variety of daily operational and administrative duties
• Assist with program start-up including the formation of written materials, systems and procedures.
• Support Director with creating, compiling, writing and distribution of marketing materials
• Assist with writing the monthly newsletter; research arts/crafts, program update, etc
• Assist with volunteer and family recruitment through newspapers, ads, websites, etc
• Maintain database for families and volunteers enrolled and assist with volunteer and child intake procedures
• Assist with training curriculums and execution
• Assist with facilitation of planned activities (Respite services)
• Participation on respite events
• Coordinates scheduling, equipment allocation, and requests for equipment information
• Supports marketing efforts for Maryland Accessible Telecommunication
• Processes paperwork required for referral and third-party billing
• Coordinates phone training activities for clients and family members
This is a part-time position, 32 hours per week, during regular business hours. Includes part-time benefits.
Candidates must have strong writing, computer and research skills. Ability to follow instruction carefully, maintain or create organization and maintain high attention to detail. Ability to work independently and in a team setting. Maintain high degree of confidentiality in all settings. Have a passion for working with children and adults and commitment to children’s education, health care and disability issues is strongly preferred. A car is needed as local travel is required (mileage compensated).
Compensation: Depends on experience. Ranges from $12.00-$14.00 an hour. This is a part-time job. - 32 hours a week This is at a non-profit organization. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.