East Bay Garden Coach On-site coaching & consultation with emphasis on water-wise native plants & sustainable landscape design to help you beautify your garden & hone your gardening skills. Check me out at eastbaygardencoach dot com. Affordable rates. References Available Upon Request.
Services: As a Garden Coach, my services focus on helping do-it-yourself gardeners beautify the landscape and improve their gardening skills without spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a full-fledged landscape architect or contractor. I favor native, low-water or drought-tolerant species and sustainable gardening practices. The following list is meant to give you an idea of some of the many ways I can help:
• Garden analysis. What do you love or loath in your landscape? What works well & what doesn't? Why? Let's analyze & discuss together with the goal of making a list of changes that will create a more beautiful and enjoyable garden!
• Assist with special projects such as replacing lawn with drought tolerant native grass species, modifying raised beds to bring in more summer color, selecting trees that maximize solar effectiveness, or installing a solar bird bath & fountain;
• Explore garden layout and design ideas including possible hardscape components, retaining wall designs, planting themes, and irrigation strategies;
• Consult with realtors or home sellers about pre-sale landscape staging with a focus on low-cost, low maintenance seasonal solutions designed to maximize curb appeal;
• Evaluate gardens for buyers or new owners who need help getting acquainted with their new garden spaces;
• Help plan the conversion of an area (or an entire garden) to Native California plant species;
• Identify plants and analyze conditions for optimal growth;
• Give advice on soil and planting bed preparation;
• Coach gardeners on pruning, plant division, and propagation;
• Address planting and maintenance issues;
• Recommend irrigation modifications, techniques, and systems;
• Explain how to remove invasive ivy and what to put in its place.