The New York Junior Tennis League is a Woodside Queens based Tennis and Educational non profit organization providing free tennis and educational services to over 100,000 New York City youths each year.
The League is seeking a highly motivated Manager of Human Resources to oversee all human resources activities including recruitment, compensation, benefits, personnel policies and regulatory compliance.
Potential candidates must have a recreational or competitive coaching background, particularly in tennis a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field, and 3+ years of HR management experience including proficiency in recruitment, compensation and benefits.
Excellent oral and written communication and hands on experience in HR information system required.
• In collaboration with program administration, CEO and CFO, identify staff vacancies. Develop job description and classified ads, interview and select appropriate candidate.
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job description, wages, benefits and opportunities for advancement.
• Review, modify and maintain all required employment documentation for employees.
• Investigate employment eligibility, references and background. Prepare, update and issue employment contracts.
• Investigate, document and resolve personnel issues. In instances of harassment, discrimination, injury etc., coordinate with senior management, attorneys and insurance agency as directed.
• Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for termination.
• Plan, organize and coordinate new employee in-service trainings aimed at developing understanding of the organization’s mission and program objectives.
• Analyze, develop and / or modify compensation and benefits policies to ensure competitive programs in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Interact with benefit administrators (401K, Flex plan etc) and brokers to ensure that rates and plans are competitive, and that employee funds are managed appropriately.
• Coordinate and rewrite human resources policies and procedures as needed.
• Other projects as directed.
Submit resume via fax to 347-238-2318 or 347-238-2310. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be notified.