• Developing a positive mental attitude • Setting clear goals and high expectations • Building self-confidence and self-motivation • Smiling and making an immediate connection • Building personal relationships that last
2. We teach the key steps to a sale
• Four out of five sales professionals do not know or follow the key steps in the sales process. • By adding value and building relationships, these steps accelerate sales and profits and boost CSI. • We teach the entire process, from the initial welcome to delivery, follow-up, and prospecting.
3. We stress continuous learning and improvement
• We provide trainees with a set of tools, activities, and resources for their own continuous learning • We provide ongoing telephone and on-line support to our trainees after the training ends • We work with our clients to develop a cost-effective follow-up plan for continuous training and renewal
THE KEY STEPS TO A SALE
Welcoming the Customer – We teach trainees the importance of promptly welcoming the customer in a way that builds immediate rapport.
Identifying Wants and Needs— Our trainees learn how to accurately assess the customers’ wants and needs up-front, so they will buy from your dealership. By taking the time to find the right boat that meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements and is affordable, they maximize the chance of a sale.
No Selection, No Sale – Our trainees learn how to assist the customers in selecting the boat from stock that best matches their wants and needs.
Features and Benefits—Developing Desire. Most manufacturers’ tapes and DVDs, as well dealers’ own training programs, focus on how to highlight the boat’s features and benefits. We encourage trainees to continually improve their product knowledge, since it is fundamental to building value, closing sales, and increasing profits.
Drive It, Buy It—The Ultimate Sales Tool. Our trainees learn the right way to conduct a demonstration drive, touching upon the customer’s “hot buttons” and strengthening the relationship.
Welcome to the Service Department - We teach the proper way to introduce the customer to the service department, with an emphasis on increasing CSI. We encourage service personnel to welcome the customer to the dealership’s family.
No Knock Trade Evaluation - Trainees learn how to do a “no knock” presentation of the customer’s trade,
Negotiation and Closing – We teach trainees how to negotiate and close in a friendly, non-confrontational manner. The goal is to overcome objections and to continue to build value, thereby closing the sale and increasing profitability.
After Sale – We emphasize the value of after-sell items, including the immediate benefits to the customer and the increased value of the boat at trade-in.
Delivery, Making Them Smile – This is the most important step in the sales process, as it increases CSI for both the dealership and the sales person.
Prospecting and Follow-Up – Regular and frequent follow-up is the key to repeat business and referrals. In addition, we encourage trainees to increase their customer pipeline by actively recruiting new customers, rather than relying solely on “walk-ins.”