Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods.
Job Purpose: The Home Center Assembler is contracted to assemble BBQ grills, wheelbarrows, lawn furniture and various products as requested in client stores.
1. Assembly: Maintain client objectives by ensuring all authorized client items are assembled to specifications.
2. Sales: Increase sales volume through gaining incremental assembly work.
3. Administration/Reporting/Communication: Ensure store call information is accurate and provided daily for proper piece rate payment. Provide timely feedback and suggested solutions on Market issues to your direct report.
4. Call Coverage: Maintain store coverage as assigned by your direct report.
5. Safety: must have the ability to perform the job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her surroundings. Will utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use when necessary. Will be proactive in alerting Management of any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
6. Customer Relations: Gain working knowledge of customer relations by working with customers and store personnel. Build rapport with customers. Promote ASM Home Center/Hardware division, as the premiere agency in the industry. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally with all customers. Must be prepared to field questions and proactively develop plans of action in regards to resolving issues.
7. Store Conditions: Achieve client goals and objectives by effectively managing assembly quantities within your assigned stores and executing all responsibilities.
8. Clients/Brands Represented: Know the clients and products the company represents.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous assembly and merchandising experience preferred. Experience with Plan-o-grams and product displays required. Passing drug screen, background report, Clean MVR, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and proof of appropriate automobile insurance. Must be mechanically inclined and adept with basic hand tools with the ability to assemble by following instructions. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and climb a safety ladder. Strong initiative and self-driven, ability to work independently with little supervision. Must have the ability to manage time and prioritize. Must follow special instructions and service schedules. Good basic computer, organizational and follow up skills. Mathematically and analytical ability. Good written and verbal communication skills. Bi-lingual a plus. Detail oriented with high accuracy level. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends. Good physical dexterity. Valid email address.
Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
Never Lifting and/or Carrying 75 - 100 lbs. (heavy work)
Frequently Stand, Walk, Bend and/or stoop, Crawl and/or climb, Kneel, Push, Pull, Operate Mechanical Machinery, Use Feet and/or Legs for Repetitive Motion Left Right, Simple Grasping, Firm Grasping (pushing pulling arm Controls), Fine Manipulation.
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC Talent Acquisition Partner Fax: 858-964-9299