The Events & Development Coordinator will be directly responsible to the Executive Director for overseeing Hospice's major fundraising events, and public relations/marketing strategies for the organization. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, flexibility, creative problem solving, and strong leadership skills within a volunteer/team setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize, execute, and assess Hospice's major fundraising activities, including the California Festival of Beers, Oaktoberfest, Concours d’Elegance, and Light Up a Life.
2. Act as Hospice liaison for fundraising events organized by other groups such as The Bingo Bonanza, concert series and orther events 3. Coordinate public relations by developing annual activities calendar, facilitating press releases, maintaining media relationships, public speaking, coordinating press coverage, and creating media packets as needed.
4. Increase organization visibility through creative marketing strategies.
5. Create, plan and facilitate donor marketing activities. Activities will include visibility branding, media relations, organaization publications, and identification and implementation of direct marking campaigns to potential donors.
6. Database maintenance including updating mailing lists for media, restaurants, wineries, etc.
7. Coordinate agency publicity efforts including press releases, PSA’s, ect.
8. Coordinate agency mailings, update and maintain media contacts, donor mailing lists.
9. Assist program staff with trainings and public speaking engagements.
10. Staff health fairs, senior expos, etc.
11. Maintain inventory, replenish and keep current all agency information and materials for presentations including brochures, booklets and hand-outs.
12. Maintain accurate donor and guest databases, current contact information, and planned activities in an automated system.
1. A.A. or B.A. in Business, Speech Communication, Marketing, Hospitality Services or other related field, or equivalent of three years experience with non-profit administration or development. 2. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software. 3. Promotional, marketing, or fund-raising experience with preferred demonstrated skill in non-profit setting 4. Public speaking experience and ability. Spanish speaking a plus. 5. Excellent written and oral communication skills. 6. Experience in working as a team player in a collaborative setting. 7. Ability to relate and work well with a diverse corps of volunteers.
1. Self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision. 2. Organized in approach to work. 3. Ability to coordinate multiple activities/tasks simultaneously. 4. Friendly, warm and empathetic with positive outlook and approach.