Our client is seeking an Emergency Medicine Physician to perform clinical work as is customary for an emergency medicine physician, including evaluation of patients, ordering of appropriate diagnostic tests, and appropriate therapies, by performing the following duties:
* Examines all eligible beneficiaries for emergency medical care in order to render a medical assessment of their condition, and takes appropriate action.
* Provides immediate evaluation and management of emergency patients as they present themselves for care.
* Sees no less than an average 2.2 patients per hour when treating urgent and non-urgent patients, unless affected by circumstances beyond his/her control.
* Remains aware of the number of patients waiting to be seen, level of acuity, and the waiting time to be seen.
* Triages and treats patients who present themselves with non-acute conditions in appropriate priority.
* Provides emergency medical care to both inpatients and outpatients, summons appropriate on-call specialist when deemed necessary, and continues medical management until the arrival of the appropriate specialist.
* Provides definitive medical care to reduce the emergency situation and enable the patient to safely continue care as an outpatient with follow-up care as required.
* Responsible for follow-up on abnormal reports if he/she is the ordering physician.
* Ensure correct medical follow-up for patients by reviewing all abnormal x-rays and lab reports received for patients within one week of receipt in the Emergency Department.
* Responds to "code blue" cardiac or respiratory arrest medical alerts within the hospital and provides resuscitation treatment until more specialized treatment arrives.
* Pronounces patient dead if resuscitation efforts are unsuccessful, completes necessary records, and notifies the next-of-kin if they are physically present.
* Prepares and documents appropriate history, physical examinations, and diagnosis.
* Maintains legible documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives and prepares such reports as may be required by the contract.
* Responds to staff nurses' requests for assistance regarding the emergency needs of hospitalized patients, carrying out procedures, or writing orders, until the patients staff physician arrives.
* Provides professional advice to emergency room personnel and ward personnel in emergency situations with regard to professional management of patients being treated or hospitalized.
* Advises the QAE of any problems encountered, or anticipated, in connection with meeting the needs of patients treated by the contract physician.
* Arranges for a staff physician to assume inpatient care for patients requiring admission.
* Dispatches and provides medical control for ambulances in accordance with Military Treatment Facility procedures.
Education/Experience: Must have a Medical Degree (M.D.) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree. Two years of emergency department experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Current license to practice medicine in the United States Board Prepared of Board Certified in Emergency Medicine Current Basic Life Support certification by American Heart Association
Full-time and part-time positions available. Site visits coordinated and scheduled upon request. The positions are available immediately, and more detailed information is available by contacting Linda Malloy; Phone: 301.565.0490.