Construction Trade Association seeks candidate to work with members and government/municipal agencies involved in rebuilding the underground drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
The duties assigned to the UCANE Legislative/Municipal Liaison (LML) include:
1) Reporting directly to the Executive Director on all matters pertaining to the Association.
2) Serving as “Chairman” of UCANE’s Government Relations Committee. Prepare an Agenda for the meeting and write and disseminate meeting minutes.
3) Work with our Lobbyist and our Consultant to identify, track, monitor and report on all state bills affecting the underground utility construction industry.
4) Assisting in evaluating the position of opponents and proponents, and help establish a UCANE position for each bill.
5) Attending and assisting with industry/business meetings as deemed necessary to promote clean water issues.
6) Working with officials from the DEP…MWRA…BWSC…EPA, etc. together with our Legislative Consultant to identify changes in regulations and state department management structuring that could affect how funding is allocated and work dispersed. Write and disseminate meeting minutes.
7) Working with City and Town officials together with our Municipal Liaison to explain the benefit of the MA State Revolving Loan Fund Program (SRF), and assist them with the application process to request SRF funds for upcoming projects.
8) Serving as liaison to UCANE’s Safety Committee, Diesel Retrofit Committee and membership, and other Committees. Write and disseminate meeting minutes. 9) Keeping our membership informed on our Federal Lobby Group, the Clean Water Construction Coalition (CWCC). Travel to Washington, DC for Legislative fly-in and other CWCC meetings when requested to do so.
10) Writing and sending email updates to members twice a month noting any legislative or funding changes, as well as any changes to industry issues i.e. the Diesel Retrofit Program…Residency Requirements…Safety issues…Clean Water Construction Coalition (CWCC) updates, etc.
11) Writing “Beacon Hill Beat” to be published in our monthly publication “Construction Outlook” magazine.
12) Interviewing legislators, agency heads, etc. to be published in our monthly magazine.
13) Attend all Association functions.
Applicant Qualifications: *Excellent Communication, Writing and Computer Skills (Background in Construction, a plus.) Excellent Organizational and Interpersonal Skills
*Submit articles, reports or letters written by applicant.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Health and Dental Insurance Long Term Disability Insurance 7% 401K match after one year of employment Two weeks vacation for the first 5 years…(three weeks after 5 years)