Our client has a phenomenal track record in the Chicago market and is one of the most sought after employers. They have a widely recognized “leadership development program” and provide very aggressive promotions.
This position works in a close-knit, cross-trained team, and is involved in a wide variety of activities and transactions. The position interfaces with a broad spectrum of Finance and non-Finance personnel globally – both in the businesses and across Corporate functions such as Investor Relations, Treasury, Tax, Stockholder Services and Legal. The position provides excellent top-level exposure to the financial performance of the company and each of its businesses. The position also provides excellent exposure and development in U.S. GAAP and SEC rules.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage the financial reporting and accounting for stock-based compensation in accordance with FAS 123-R, including the following:
* Perform financial analyses and prepare Investor Relations and senior management for quarterly and year-end earnings release conference calls with stock analysts.
* Work with team to prepare the Annual Report and other SEC filings.
* Account for foreign currency and interest rate hedging activities, which are centralized at Corporate.
* Support the financial reporting of and accounting for stock-based compensation in accordance with FAS 123-R.
* Collaborate with and support Treasury on various projects, including the analysis of new instruments and transactions.
* Assist in the implementation of new accounting and disclosure standards.
* Work with team to coordinate, prepare and present training on various accounting and disclosure topics to Finance employees globally.
* Maintain and update the Financial Policies and Procedures Manual, and field questions from Finance employees globally.
* Participate in the effort to maintain SOX compliance.
* Review the work of and provide guidance to the financial analyst on the team.
* Identify and implement process improvements.
* Perform various ad hoc projects.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA required.
* Minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
* Strong technical and analytical skills.
* Focus on quality, precision and control.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an efficient and timely manner.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, organizing, prioritizing and communicating effectively.
* Strong teamwork skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong Excel skills; experience with Hyperion a plus.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS
* 3+ years in BIG 6 in Financial Audit capacity OR previous experience in an analytic capacity at another F500 company.
* CPA plus BS in Accounting from solid institution required
* Strong polish and great communication skills
• History of professional achievements: rapid promotions, exceeded expectations on projects, etc.
For IMMEDIATE consideration, please respond ASAP with the following information
1. Resume as a word attachment 2. Current or most recent salary (base and bonus) 3. Minimum base salary you seek now 4. Reason for looking (laid off, etc.) 5. Citizen status- Client cannot honor visas