The Development Assistant will be responsible for assisting in administrate support for the Nebraska and Iowa chapters. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to data entry into event database, website maintenance, mailings to constituents, processing checks and credit cards and administrative support for meetings and events as needed.
This position requires good communication skills and a strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask and learn quickly. Candidates must be highly motivated self-starters, with the ability to hit the ground running. Reports to Development Manager.
Essential Job Skills: * BA/BS degree * Must have Strong Computer Skills-MS word, excel, outlook and ability to learn new programs quickly * Engaging, persuasive personality with a strong desire to "delight" customers * Hard-working and goal oriented * Ability to work independently and learn quickly * Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills * Extremely comfortable making phone calls
The role of the Development Assistant will be as follows:
1. Assist in writing and organizing campaign materials and event materials, including agendas, meeting notes and updating website copy
2. Data Management: Assisting to pull reports and import into spreadsheets, data entry/management of current constituents and processing of donations/sponsorships
3. Relationship Management: Manage and mail out CCFA related information, packets, and materials throughout the year
4. Customer Service: Provide exemplary customer service to all patients, families and professionals with timely follow up on all requests for information and materials
5. Volunteer Management: Provide leadership, vision and support to chapter volunteers to help maximize growth potential of the chapter
6. Events: Provide staff support for volunteers, participants and committees required for the success of events.