Radiator changed from two core to five core. Has fixed fan no clutch. Engine 390 four barrel with approx 10k since its build. Taken from 1968 Galaxy 500 totaled out when it was new. Had hard valve seats installed for no lead gas. Bored one size over and flat pistons installed to reduce compression for modern low octane gas. Norris motor home cam installed for pulling power. Edlebrock four barrel carb with manual choke. Has traditional distributor with contact points and condenser. Original three speed trans replaced with 1967 F350 four speed with granny first and reverse. Drive shaft modified to fit new trans and universals replaced at same time. Original 325 rear end retained because new trans geared it down enough. New starter and solenoid. New alternator and regulator. Battery is good, highest cranking amps I could fit into it. New fuel pump. New heater core. New exhaust from engine on back. Has duals but because it was too loud, I like stealth, I had mufflers replace with one two into one much quieter muffler.
Chassis. All drums turned and best shoes I could find installed. All brake hydraulic lines replaced at same time, the steel and rubber ones both. New shocks all around, the rear are the ones with the helper springs (All Monroe). Rear leaf springs supplemented with the bottom one and u-bolts from a F350. Good all season tires. Front end bushings replaced. Rear suspension bushings replaced. Rear bumper replaced with after market diamond plate heavy duty one which I had reinforced to the chassis for heavy pulling. Has the receptacle for horse trailer electrical type plug. Has electric brake box for trailer with a resistor which is adjustable. Have put down diamond plate in bed with heavy duty rivets and have sprayed the bed with Herculiner (black). The steering spider bushing replaced and the steering is very tight. I installed lap belts it came with none in 1967.
The Bad. Injury to pass door. Injury to rear bumper. Injury to pass side rear of bed. Needs paint job. Some side trim missing. Rims need painting or replacing Seat needs reupholstering or replacing. Floor rubber needs replacing, has a tear where the new trans gear shift was installed. The four way flasher in the glove box needs replacing The bed was rusting out so I put down the diamond plate. Battery box battery retainer straps are toast and I use bungy cord. The windscreen is milking slightly around the edges but does not hinder me when I drive it.
Mechanically it is in very good condition, runs great and is very strong. It has tremendous pulling and hauling power. I am unable to finish it, the looks part, because of spinal disease diagnosis and forced medical retirement. When I was working full time and all my part time jobs I had some money for toys. After the spinal diagnosis and medical retirement I now know the meaning of fixed income! Along with the looks part I wanted to have the rear end converted to possitrak. A friend works at a garage and told me that the new parts to do so are still available. I have a catalog from Mac’s that sells everything I need to finish it up but unfortunately I have come to the realization that it will never happen now. So it is either use it like it is or let someone else finish it. I have done the most of it and the most expensive parts. It just needs the cosmetic stuff.
NADA classic cars low retail price for my truck is $9,300.00 however the poor cosmetics hurt mine so I will take much less for it.