The Michael Garman Museum is proud to announce a new Behind-the-Scenes Tour for up to 15 local high school and college students.
For the first time ever, students will be permitted to tour the entire production facilities of Michael Garman Productions, Inc. including:
· Presentation of Michael Garman’s rags-to-riches 50 year career, from homeless vagabond to international acclaim.
· In depth, behind-the-scenes tour of Magic Town—Michael Garman’s 3,000 square-foot, hand-made, sculptural theater.
· Tour of the normally off-limits production floor where reproductions of Michael Garman’s sculptures are cast, painted, finished and shipped to customers around the world.
· Opportunity to work with specially trained professional artists to learn the Garman techniques by finishing one of Garman’s sculptures—which the student will get to keep.
· Lunch (provided by MGP, Inc.) with some of the Garman staff of artists.
· Demonstration of the inspiration-to-wax process, as well as mold-making, casting, etc.
· Q & A Session with Michael Garman’s P.R. Director to discuss how artists in the 21st century can market & profit from their work.
WHAT: Behind-the-Scenes Tour and 1-day Internship
WHERE: The Michael Garman Museum
2418 W. Colorado Ave.
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80904
WHEN: Monday, March 22, 2010. 10:00am to 4:00pm
Alternate date—If needed to accommodate additional students:
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010. 10:00am to 4:00pm
Payment must be made in full at the time of reservation. Parental Consent Form and Review of Rules & Regulations is required.
WHY: It has long been Michael Garman’s ambition to inspire and encourage up-and-coming artists. His philosophy is that no artist should be a starving artist. Understanding business and marketing are as essential to successful artists today as talent, lighting and brush technique. It is his goal to use whatever time he has left to provide mentorship and guidance to new artists with the same generosity that was shown to him at the beginning of his career.